Saturday, August 23, 2008

The funniest night...

This is the cutest book I have ever seen and I needed a picture of it...

I went to dinner at a book store last night...and it was completely crazy, so let me paint a verbal picture of this hillarious event :)



When Gem said her friend told her about this place with good dinner and it was only 5 euros I thought alright, then she said almost everyone who goes are native english speakers and I started thinking I should REALLY go (Gem is like my best friend here and she's leaving in Oct. so everything we do now has the underlying mission of finding her replacement)...so we get there and it's actually a really cool like second hand book store, everyone was hanging out talking and drinking wine and smoking (I CANNOT get away from the smoke here! I come home everynight REAKING! I TRULY HATE IT) it was all very european...anyway so we went downstairs where the dinner was supposed to be and there was an older English guy in MC hammer pants and an apron with hair to his shoulders bringing out all this WONDERFUL looking, homecooked food. So in we dig, to the dilecious food, and we ended up sitting next to 3 new yorkers and 2 girls from isreal, 2 of the new yorkers were an older couple who moved here about 5 months ago the girls from isreal were old friends, one lives here and one lives in New York, the other new yorker was just kind of traveling through europe...
In the middle of eating dinner the Older english guy that cooked the food came down, and he had slightly changed his outfit :)...he now had on a black gurdle with black and white flower-y pants and silver coated highheels...it was almost cute in a way like when little kids play dress up, I was like awww what a cute little old man...in his "big girl" clothes :)....so we finished dinner and half of the people went up stairs to watch 'batman begins' and the other half of us stayed down just talking, and playing the random board games that were around... Gem, me, an english guy, the two girls, and the new york guy played scrabble...
During the games and conversation, the older lady dresser came around with two big bowls of pastries and and a small box of brownies....now, you know how much i LOVE brownies! so just as I was about to grab a few I hear someone saying, "where are the space cakes?"

all I could think was Damn! I really wanted some brownies!....

So that was my interesting night...three Native english speakers ended up losing at scrabble to the two girls from isreal by over 100 points...(I can see my mother's dissapointed face now) Also a funny little side note, the people who ate the most substance-filled brownies was the older couple from New York.. the lady grabbed three, looks at me and says "it's been a rough week"


Golly, I love Berlin :)

1 comment:

Amanda Monk said...

This is some good reading-Thanx!


by the way this is a good reading for all the (young) moms here-"space brownies"....language all parents should learn-haha!