Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I hate the Law


    What the hell is up with me getting pulled over ALL THE TIME! I've lived in salt lake for about a month and a half now and have been pulled over twice!!!!! TWO $90 Tickets...JUST before Christmas...Some people go there whole lives without getting pulled over... there whole lives!!!! I truly hate the judicial system. And people who are attracted to cops have obviously not been harassed as badly as i am because when I see one or meet one I really wanna spew. Less than 6 months ago I had to pay over $2000 in tickets impound fees and DMV bs (things that expired while i was in Germany) just so I could drive! THEN had my moms truck towed because it broke down and wasnt in an appropriate parking place. I have had several experiences with police and not one of them good! I got in a car accident in Vegas in the middle of summer and the cop forced my sister and I all bruised and crying on the curb while he sat in his air conditioned cruiser drinking several bottles of water, another was when i got pulled over for all my stuff being out of date, the cop took my car in AUGUST IN ARIZONA and made my dog and I wait by the side of the road until my dad came from 2 hours away, it's one thing to 'do your job' and impound my car but it's another to leave a girl with a big ol suitcase and a cute dog on the side of the road in the middle of an arizona summer... Not once has the system helped me, NOT ONCE. I am not one for generalizing, so I'll say that I hate every cop i've met...aside from my good friend Gideon :)... So when the police call for a donation I'll just let them know that I have contributed ENOUGH...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't even count the times I've been given tickets, I had so many before I turned 19 that if I hadn't gone on a mission I wouldve had my license suspended, that's right, and out there i got tickets the only 2 months that I had a car!!! I've had so many tickets in las Vegas that I had to enlist the help of the law offices of shook & stone (luckily I was Unlv student/& alum, whom they help out and are the only saving grace for me not hating all lawyers as well!!..,) to represent me in court and lower them to parking violations( very expensive parking violations I might add) I even had guns pulled on me on my way home from Unlv one night by metro who saw I had a warrant for my arrest, ya, that's right, for a f@#*g ticket!! Luckily I still had the ticket in my wallet, showed it to the cops so they didn't think I was a murderer, this enraged the cop even more that I had this in my wallet and never paid it, so he proceeded to yell and lecture me while I was under the duress of blinding lights and guns while being sprawled out on the hood of my car, oh and let's not forget being heckled, honked, and mocked by all the wonderful las vegans driving by. My car had broken down on las vegas blvd and tropicana, so I had pushed it up on that little concrete slab under the light with the MGM lion looking down on all of this. And yes! I also got a ticket for.....wait for it....."illegal parking" on that spot!!! So sorry for the long rambling rant, needless to say I am no fan of policeman either! I remember in Boise, cops were shooting and killing so many in traffic incidents, the FBI was called in to investigate! Someone made bumper stickers that said "respect your Boise police officers" , they were on many vehicles as a defense/ survival mechanism for horrified drivers I presume. I told people I wante to change the bumper sticker a little bit. It should say "respect your Boise police officers....OR THEY WILL KILL YOU!" Sorry Haley!! I'm with you all the way on this one! I love you!

Collin & Breena said...

Hey girl how the heck are you? I haven't talked to ya in forever! SO your in Salt Lake now huh? What you doing up there? I'm so sorry about the tickets! That can definitely ruin your whole day! Sounds like you have had some bad experiences! So sorry! Well let me know what your up to!